We have sold a lot pf players and not got many in, but we do have new young guys who will get their start tomorrow thanks to our injury crisis. Last year we somehow managed from some good fortune. The injuries are back again. That is why we have a big squad, that is why our wage bill is high.
This could be our line up for tomorrow –
Amazing pace up front. I hope Ryo starts, cause I don’t who else can play there. Only player who could play there apart from him is Chamakh, so we might see him change places with Van Persie. Arshavin has play midfield role. There is no one left.
If Jenkinson starts tomorrow it will show how little faith Wenger has with playing Squillaci at CB and shifting Vermaelen to LB. Lets see how that goes.
We are down to bare bones thanks to players sold/loaned/injured/about to be sold. There surely might be a reason for not signing anyone till now, maybe cause any player linked with us so far is going to be our record singing. Starting price for any player we want starts from 20mil+ . So maybe the board is making a change in financial operations which will decide the dealings in the coming future.
As @onearsenewenger said in one of his tweets before, the delay could be possible as we are waiting to qualify in the Champions League. All deals after that. Very possible.
But this is a huge gamble. Waiting till the last minute to make deals. So when we buy players there is no time to see if how quickly they could adjust. Liverpool got the deals done very quickly. They got shit players. But now they know they have shit players. They can improve that now because they have time thanks to the early deals. Big gamble taken by Arsenal.
All judgements about signings etc should be done on September 2nd when the window is closed. Season preview can be done only then.
Should be a fascinating game tomorrow for the following reasons –
- Arsenal have not lost to Liverpool at the Emirates.
- Arsenal have not lost their opening home game in 11 years.
- Liverpool have conceded in all of their last5-6 games so far which includes the Pre-Season games.
- Ref is Martin Atkinson. Won all games at home last season when he was the ref. @Eboue_Eboue
- Won none of the away games when he was the ref.
- He was in charge when these sides met at Anfield last season, sending off Koscielny and Joe Cole.
- He’s shown five red cards in the last six Arsenal games. @Orbinho
- Andrey Arshavin has scored five goals from just six shots on target in the Premier League against Liverpool.
- There have been more hat-tricks scored [ 5 ] in this game than any other Premier League fixture. The most famous came from Robbie Fowler in a record 4 minutes 33 seconds.
- Dirk Kuyt will be looking to make it his 50th goal for Liverpool tomorrow. Elsewhere, Andy Carroll will be in line for his 100th league career appearance
Their possible lineup – (likely): Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Adam, Kuyt, Suarez, Downing, Carroll.
Two players to look out for – Suarez and Carrroll.
Should be fun a match tomorrow with the pace we have. I am expecting at least 2 red cards.